Staying Young with Daily Dental Care
5 Dental Care Tips To Keep Your Smile Bright and Healthy
A vibrant and healthy smile builds up confidence,while a broken smile can often make people feel self-conscious. Daily dental health routines can help makeyour smile stronger and more brilliant. Here are five top tips to keeping that smile youthful and vibrant.
- Floss, Floss, Floss– You’ve probably been told a million times to floss your teeth every day. Still, flossing is one of the best ways to fight off plaque and tartar. Plaque is a film that grows over your teeth every day. Tartar is hardened plaque that has been left on your teeth. Flossing cuts back on tartar and plaque, preventing future issues like: Cavities, Tooth Loss, Gum Disease, Tooth Decay.
- Tooth Loss
- Gum Disease
- Tooth Decay
2. Caring for Teeth After Meals– You don’t have to tote around a whole dental kit with you everywhere you go, but one or two essentials will really help. Keeping floss, a travel brush, or mouthwash with you is a great way to keep your teeth healthy. After you’ve eaten, pieces of debris from your meal are usually left behind. A quick floss, rinse, or even brushing of your teeth can cut back on bacteria and plaque.
3. Careful What You Drink– It’s no secret that some drinks are worse for your teeth than others. Some drinks that can discolor or damage your teeth include:
- Sugary Drinks
- Citrus Drinks
- Red Wine
- White Wine
If you’d still like to enjoy these drinks, the answer is simple. Make sure to drink sips of water in between drinking wine and rinse or brush your teeth after sugar drinks. For teas and coffees, drink them out of a to-go lid, so the liquid skips your front teeth on the way in. If you are still experiencing unsightly stains, don’t worry, the friendly staff at Driggers and Baker Family Dentistry is here to help you. We offer a range of teeth whitening services in West Columbia and the surrounding area. We can work with you to get you the most natural looking and beautiful smile around.
4. Careful What You Eat– Just like drinks, certain foods can damage or stain your teeth too. Any citrus foods can damage the enamel on your teeth, making them yellow and decay faster. Fruits that leave dark stains on your clothes will also leave dark stains on your teeth. Pomegranates, blueberries, blackberries, and other darkly colored fruit are major culprits. And of course, sugary foods create a major feast for bacteria to feed on. If you are going to eat any of these foods, be sure to drink plenty of water with them and rinse your mouth out afterward.
5. Brush Properly– While many people brush their teeth, they often weren’t taught how to brush properly. You should brush twice a day, preferably after flossing. Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle and use short, gentle strokes, moving in a back and forth motion. Make sure you brush every surface of your teeth, the front, back, sides, and the areas where you chew. Also, make sure to replace your toothbrush every 3 or 4 months.
Bring Beautiful Smiles with Dental Care in West Columbia, TX
Keeping your smile healthy, strong, and beautiful takes daily work with proper dental hygiene routines. In the busy world we live in, it can become difficult to keep up with dental health care. Driggers and Bakers Family Dentistry has been creating beautiful, healthy smiles for over 30 years.
We love taking care of our friends and neighbors in West Columbia, TX, and the surrounding areas. If you are experiencing any dental issues or would like to whiten your smile, call us today at 979-345- 5135.
We’ll work with your schedule and get you in to see one of our friendly, experienced doctors. We’re always ready to help you bring back your beautiful smile.