Orthodontics In West Columbia, TX
Gentle Orthodontic Care in West Columbia, TX for the Entire Family
Trusted and Comfortable Orthodontic Care for All Ages
Everyone wants a beautiful smile, but sometimes those smiles need a little help. The caring and gentle team at West Brazos Dental Center Family Dentistry is here to help you or your child get the smile of their dreams. Our skilled staff has a combined experience of over 75 years! Plus, we offer in office orthodontic visits to provide you with comfortable care in a familiar and warm setting.
Many people don’t really understand exactly what the practice of orthodontics is until they need it for themselves. Orthodontics is simply a branch of dentistry that deals with correcting teeth and/or jaws that aren’t properly positioned. Your trusted dentist will work with you to determine if you need orthodontic care.
Why Do I Need Orthodontic Care?
If you have crooked teeth, misaligned jaws, crowding, spacing or other issues you might need orthodontic care. Here are just a few of the dental issues that will require orthodontic care:
- Overbites- This is where your top row of teeth jut out over the lower row of teeth.
- Cross Bite- When the row of upper teeth are not in the right placement, slightly in front of lower teeth, when naturally biting down.
- Open Bite- When there is a space left open between natural biting areas in the side and/or front teeth during biting down.
- Underbite- Where the lower row of teeth are too far in front of the upper teeth or the upper teeth are too far behind the lower teeth.
- Spacing Issues- When there are missing teeth or gaps and spaces between teeth because some teeth don’t properly fill up their space.
- Crowded Teeth- When teeth are too close together or there are too many teeth in the dental bridge.
- Misplaced Midline- Where your upper front teeth center and lower front teeth center do not properly align.
Teeth that aren’t easy to reach or are out of line are harder to care for properly and keep clean. Left alone these alignment issues can cause major dental concerns like:
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Tooth Decay
- Periodontal Disease
At West Brazos Dental Center Family Dentistry, our number one priority is the comfort and care of our patients. We work to keep you comfortable and relaxed during every visit. This includes orthodontic care.
Orthodontic Services Offered at West Brazos Dental Center Family Dentistry
We offer traditional braces for patients of all ages. Braces are usually placed on children from 10-12 years of age, after all of their baby teeth have fallen out. The patient will usually have the braces on for a period of 18 months to 2 years. However, our orthodontic care is carefully constructed for each patient, based on their individual needs.
Dr. Driggers, who has over 25 years of dental care experience, also offers appliance therapy for those patients in special need of treatment before they have finished growing. Cases like cross bites, severe spacing or extreme crowding issues will need more immediate care.
Get the Best Orthodontic Care From Gentle Dentists in West Columbia, TX
Your dental health is important to us. We work to provide the best dental care in Brazoria County. Our warm and welcoming staff will make sure you always feel comfortable and relaxed during your Orthodontic visit. Call us today at 979-345- 1023 if you are experiencing any dental issues. We’ll get you smiling again in no time.